Series: The Goddess Test, Goddess Interrupted, The Goddess Inhertiance
Author: Aimee Carter
Series: Goddess Test
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Fantasy
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Average Series Rating:
Every girl who had taken the test has died.
Now it’s Kate’s turn.
It’s always been just Kate and her mom – and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate’s going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won’t live past the fall.
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld – and if she accepts his bargain, he’ll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.
Kate is sure he’s crazy – until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she’ll become Henry’s future bride and a goddess.
If she fails… (Taken from Goodreads)
Judge A Series By Its Covers:
All the covers of the Goddess Test series is absolutely gorgeous. I love the girl cover model, the grassy forest background, how it matches one another, everything. The covers is probably the best thing about this series.
What I Liked:
- I liked that the book was written in present day so we can see the gods and goddess in the modern world.
- The Goddess Test series is based on Greek Mythology (duh).
What I Didn’t Like:
- The writing is too bland for my taste.
- The pacing of The Goddess Test is slow and the ending of the last book, The Goddess Inheritance is really disappointing.
- I hate how Persephone is treated as the bad guy. It’s not her fault that she didn’t like Henry as much as he liked her.
Do I Recommend It?
Honestly, not really. It’s not even close to the best Greek Mythology story/series I’ve ever read. If you want to read a better one focused on the story of Persephone and Hades, you should try reading the Everneath series written by Brodi Ashton instead.
Favorite Book in the Series:
- This is a hard, hard question. Can I put none? If I absolutely have to pick one, I will say it’s Goddess Interrupted since it made me cry.
- Surprisingly, I like no one enough in the Goddess Test series to be my favorite character. Every single character managed to annoy me to no end at least once. If I have to pick one, I’ll say Milo since he’s a kid and can do nothing wrong. :P
- Quotes from The Goddess Test and Goddess Interrupted soon to come.
- “There comes a point in your life where you have to make a choice,” I said. “You can keep going down the easy path no matter where it takes you, everyone else be damned, or you can fight for what you believe in.” (The Goddess Inheritance, 195)
- “Then don’t,” I said. “If you’re really sorry, then do something to prove it. I don’t care what. But stop acting like a helpless victim and stand up for what you believe in before you have nothing left at all.” (The Goddess Inheritance, 143)