Right after the Saturday where I attended BEA, there was a book signing in Books of Wonder, featuring Lauren Oliver, Random Riggs, Tahereh Mafi, Elizabeth Norris, David Levithan, and Andrea Cremer. Even though I was tired from BEA, I still went because hello, it’s Elizabeth Norris and Tahereh Mafi!
From left to right: Lauren Oliver (Requiem), Random Riggs (Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children), Tahereh Mafi (Unravel Me), Elizabeth Norris (Unbreakable), David Levithan (Invisibility), and Andrea Cremer (Invisibility).
David Levithan and Andrea Cremer were so pro (if that is even the correct word to use to describe them) – while introducing their book, they both pretended to be the other person and never messed up once. It was a bit confusing, but also funny to watch.
Lauren Oliver revealed that many people were angry with how she ended Requiem (I’m not surprised at that one) and she wrote it that way because she wanted the Delirium trilogy to have an open-ending where the story never ends because she wants readers to come up with their own ending.
Elizabeth Norris informed us that Unbreakable is indeed the last book in the Unraveling series (noooo!), but she is writing a new book that would be out around Fall 2014. (Yay!)
Tahereh Mafi was so cute and funny. She avoided answering questions about Adam and Warner and explains her writing style – that she purposely made Juliette look crazy in her first book, Shatter Me, with all those strike-throughs and repeating sentences. However, the strike-throughs and repeating sentences will slowly decrease, showing Juliette becoming more and more sane.
I also got a couple of books signed.
Did I mention how much I love Tahereh Mafi’s signature? It’s so perfect. (Yes, I know, I’m a freak.)
Now time for the giveaway!
Want to win a SIGNED finished copy of Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris? Just enter below!
- This contest is open INTERNATIONALLY.
- The giveaway will run until July 1, 2013.
- You must be 18 years or older, or have parents’ permission to enter.
- All your entries will be disqualified if you pickup entries for something you haven’t done. (I had to do this for so many of my last giveaways, please don’t make me do this again.)
- If you only use ONE account to do all these tasks and enter under different names, they will still only constitute as ONE entry.
- If the winner does not respond to my e-mail within 48 hours, I will have to choose another winner.
- I am not responsible for any items lost in the mail.