Yesterday was the Fierce Reads Tour in NYC at 7PM, featuring Leigh Bardugo, Anna Banks, Jessica Brody, Emmy Laybourne, and Gennifer Albin. Although it was late at night and it was also raining, I was very determined to go. In fact, I was so determined to go that I even dragged my friend along with me after I persuaded her to buy a copy of both Shadow & Bone and Siege and Storm last week. Sadly, she forgot to bring both her books to the signing, so I convinced her to buy another paperback copy of Shadow & Bone for Leigh Bardugo to sign. I don’t think she regretted coming along with me.
If Leigh Bardugo could be any character from a book, she would be Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter. Her favorite literary hero is Jaime Lannister. (Great answers!)
Emmy Laybourne has this weird writing ritual: She takes off her wedding rings, put hand lotion on, light a candle, and blares scary music to write. She has to do them all in order to write. That’s why her hands are super soft Emmy jokingly says.
Jessica Brody struggled with writing her main character, Seraphina. At first, she thought a girl with absolutely no memories would be easy to write – until she started to write. She realized that couldn’t write, “this reminds me of the time I” or “it was just like when I was 5 and…” which she used all the time in her contemporary novels.
Anna Banks and Gennifer Albin both fall in love with the romantic scenes they write. When Anna Banks write about Galen – especially him in the kissing scenes – she imagines that he is kissing her. Gennifer Albin feels like she’s the character she’s writing when she is writing the romantic scenes.
Anna Banks can always never solve a Scooby Doo mystery because she’s super bad with figuring out the ending. She’s nervous about writing the ending to her trilogy. Anna Banks also recommended Pushing the Limits. (I can hug her right there.)
Then I got some books signed in the very long line.
And I had my copies of Of Poseidon and Of Triton signed:
Now time for a giveaway! A lucky someone can will a SIGNED copy of Of Poseidon and Of Triton, plus a beautiful signed bookmark! Just enter below!
Terms & Conditions:
- This contest is open INTERNATIONALLY.
- The giveaway will run until July 19, 2013.
- You must be 18 years or older, or have parents’ permission to enter.
- All your entries will be disqualified if you pickup entries for something you haven’t done. (I had to do this for so many of my last giveaways, please don’t make me do this again.)
- If you only use ONE account to do all these tasks and enter under different names, they will still only constitute as ONE entry.
- If the winner does not respond to my e-mail within 48 hours, I will have to choose another winner.
- I am not responsible for any items lost in the mail.