Series: Die For Me, Until I Die, If I Should Die
Author: Amy Plum
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Fantasy
Average Series Rating:
In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.
When Kate Mercier’s parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life – and memories – behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.
Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate’s guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he’s a revenant – an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again. (Taken from Goodreads)
Judge A Series By Its Covers:
I absolutely love the covers of Die For Me and Until I Die. I love the swirls, the scene, the colors, and the dress. However, the cover of If I Should Die is a totally different story. The swirls are ultra cheesy and I don’t like the girl cover model’s dress. The cover model’s hair also looks so awkward.
What I Liked:
- Amy Plum’s Revenants trilogy is set in Paris. Who doesn’t love reading books that are set in Paris?
- Revenants is a new kind of unique supernatural that Amy Plum has created.
What I Didn’t Like:
- The writing is too formal and too polite for me, if that’s even the correct word to describe it.
- Amy Plum’s writing makes it really hard to connect with any of the characters, if at all. I read the entire series without connecting to any of the characters in the series.
- Die For Me is very similar to Twilight – the insta-love, the new girl, the “I know you’re not human,” etc.
- 85% of the series is focused on the “passionate” love between Kate and Vincent. 85%. Yes, I’m dead serious.
Do I Recommend It?
Sorry, but no. Skip this series. It’s really not worth your time.
Favorite Book in the Series:
- Until I Die is my favorite book in the series because it’s the one book in the series that has the most things happening instead of just focusing on Vincent and Kate’s love life.
- Charlotte is probably my favorite character in the entire Revenants trilogy. Shes goes through a huge character development – Charlotte went from a meek, quiet person in Die For Me to a strong, fierce leader in If I Should Die.
- Quotes from Die For Me and Until I Die soon to come.
- Can’t find any good quotes from If I Should Die. ):