Friday night, there was a book signing at McNally Jackson celebrating Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian’s latest novel, Fire with Fire. I was really excited to attend the signing, especially since all my friends, mainly Amber from Books of Amber, was going on and on about her special ship.
Jenny Han arrived at the event wearing a cast on one leg, making me curious. (She took off the cast when she and Siobhan Vivian was talking, explaining why she wasn’t wearing a cast in the picture I took.) It turns out that Jenny bought these fabulous high heel platforms, but twisted her ankle while wearing them. However, she did say that she would probably wear those same shoes about and maybe even break her ankle again.
Did you know that Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian were best friends? (They met in a writing seminar they were both attending.) I didn’t know that, although I should have suspected that since they did co-write a book together. Even though they were best friends, they did disagree with some things when writing, like the scene where Lillia and Rennie were at the party and the spin-the-bottle scene. They managed to make a compromise about it though, which makes me extremely happy because if they didn’t compromise, we might not have their book to read at all.
I got some books signed.
I’m so happy to say that Jenny Han recognized me. She thought I had attended her last book launch, but I told her that I looked familiar because I tweeted her about attending the book launch. Jenny Han was so nice and friendly that it was the first time that I didn’t feel any awkwardness around an author at all. Those of you who’ve read this post would know what a big deal to me it was.
Now time for the giveaway. The winner can win a SIGNED copy of Fire with Fire. This giveaway is international of course.
Terms & Conditions:
- This contest is open INTERNATIONALLY.
- The giveaway will run until September 20, 2013.
- You must be 18 years or older, or have parents’ permission to enter.
- All your entries will be disqualified if you pickup entries for something you haven’t done. (I had to do this for so many of my last giveaways, please don’t make me do this again.)
- If you only use ONE account to do all these tasks and enter under different names, they will still only constitute as ONE entry.
- If the winner does not respond to my e-mail within 48 hours, I will have to choose another winner.
- I am not responsible for any items lost in the mail.