Along with my first year of blogging also came a lot of other bookish firsts. I went to my first ever book signing, got my first ever ARC straight from the publisher, and wrote my first ever book review.
1. First Young Adult book read
I can’t believe I still remember this, but the first Young Adult book I’ve read ever is Crank by Ellen Hopkins. I was in eighth grade and one of my old best friends was going on and on about how awesome Crank was. I was nosy and decided to get my hands on a copy to check it out. Even now, I can say this, Crank is awesome.
2. First Adult contemporary read
I picked up this one totally at random because the author’s name sounded so familiar (probably because she’s a famous author?): Too Good To Be True by Kristan Higgins. I enjoyed the book, but not overly that much.
3. First historical romance read
At first, I was iffy about historical romances. I thought historical romances mostly focuses on sex and that’s it. After doing a lot of research, I decided to start with The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt. I’m glad I did try it because The Raven Prince really got me into historical romances. It was that good.
4. First book blog I’ve ever discovered
The first book blog I’ve ever discovered was The Reader Bee. I don’t know how I stumbled upon it – I accidentally bumped onto this blog by accident. I still visit it sometimes.
5. First book review I’ve ever wrote
The first book review I’ve ever wrote was Wake by Amanda Hocking. I just shudder looking at it. I personally think that my old reviews isn’t as good as the reviews I write now, but doesn’t almost everybody think that?
6. First 5-star rating I ever gave to a book
Is it any surprise that the first 5-star rating I ever gave to any book is to Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins? That book has everything: a cute romance that you can root for, true friendship, and some drama added to the mix. I still need to buy a paperback copy of Anna and the French Kiss with the new cover redesign.
7. First book signing I’ve ever attended
Sadly, I didn’t take any pictures of this event, but in January 2013, there was a book event at Books of Wonder featuring Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, and Jodi Meadows (at least that I remember).
8. First ARC from publisher
I think (I’m not completely sure) that the first ARC I received straight from the publisher was These Broken Stars. I was literally squealing when I received it in the mail. I can’t wait to start it and see if it’s as good as people said it was. :D
9. First giveaway
The first giveaway I ever made/hosted was my Most Anticipated 2013 Book Giveaway where anyone can win any book they want as long as it’s published in 2013. I may do this kind of giveaway again for January 2014. ;D
What are some of your bookish firsts that you remember?
To make things even better, you can also win a SIGNED copy of Just One Year by Gayle Forman. (Gayle Forman is coming to NYC this month! Yay! :D)
Interested? Then enter below!
Terms & Conditions:
- This contest is open INTERNATIONALLY.
- The giveaway will run until November 5, 2013.
- You must be 18 years or older, or have parents’ permission to enter.
- All your entries will be disqualified if you pickup entries for something you haven’t done. (I had to do this for so many of my last giveaways, please don’t make me do this again.)
- If you only use ONE account to do all these tasks and enter under different names, they will still only constitute as ONE entry.
- If the winner does not respond to my e-mail within 48 hours, I will have to choose another winner.
- I am not responsible for any items lost in the mail.