Guess what today is? (As if the post title alone isn’t obvious enough.)
It’s my birthday!
I (sadly) turned 19 today, aka one more year until I turn into the big two-zero. This is also the last year I am a teenager, which is plain sad. (I’ll get even more funny/weird looks when people see me playing Pokemon on the train.)
Since I hardly blog about my personal non-bookish life on Effortlessly Reading, I decided that hey, why not tell you guys a little bit more about myself on my birthday?
I’m a bit embarrassed to admit that I took longer than a hour to come up with this list. :P
1. I’m obsessed with Criminal Minds, Supernatural, Big Brother, Survivor, and Supernatural. Unlike my friends, I don’t really like watching K-dramas because they are so long in length (they are usually one hour without any commercials guys) and I have a short attention span. My current addiction is watching my childhood obsession, Sailor Moon (dude, how can I not notice all those inconsistencies in the anime when I was a kid?) because of the Lunar Chronicles, and Pokemon.
2. I’m currently in love with eating Lacey’s dark chocolate and almond cookies. They are only available in Trader Joe’s (in New York City, I don’t know if they are also available in other stores in other states) and they are delicious. I highly recommend it.
3. I currently have a job working with kids. I don’t really like it (but the kids love me for some strange reason), but I want the pocket money and the experience. My resume is perfect for becoming a teacher or some other job working with kids, but I don’t want to work with kids.
4. I’m in love with Charmanders (from Pokemon). Just look at the adorableness below!
5. Writing essays and book reviews comes naturally to me; it comes extremely easy to me. I had a 7 to 8 page essay to write and in two hours, I came up with ten pages of material, edited it all by myself, and got an A on it. Writing essay type things just comes effortlessly to me.
6. I don’t wear any makeup, unless lip gloss counts as makeup. In fact, I don’t know how to apply any type of makeup, unless it’s lip gloss. I don’t have any sort of makeup at all either.
7. I don’t know what major I want to major in, which is HORRIBLE, especially since I need to tell my college what I’m planning to major in in less than a year. Eep!
8. I’m not a forgiving person once someone really hurts me. I can hold a grudge for a very long, long time.
9. I do not know my own cell phone number. Yes, I’m serious. Every time someone asks me for my number, I take out my cell phone, where there is a sticker on the back that has my phone number written on it and show it to that person. They always end up laughing or looking at me in disbelief.
10. I have a short memory, so every time I need to remember something, I jot it down (which is the main reason why I take notes while I read). I normally jot it down on the palm of my hand using a pen because I don’t check the scraps of paper I write my notes on. I have a feeling I may get ink poisoning one day.
And that’s all for now!
Now time for the giveaway!
To celebrate my birthday, I’m giving away these five books below:
- A book with one of my favorite covers released in November: a SIGNED hardback of Champion by Marie Lu
- One of my favorite books written by an author I met in November: a SIGNED ARC of Smoke by Ellen Hopkins
- My most anticipated book released in November: an ARC of Crash Into You by Katie McGarry
- My favorite November-released book that I’ve read: a hardback edition of Pawn by Aimee Carter from The Book Depository.
- A book I’m looking forward to reading in November: a SIGNED ARC of White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Terms & Conditions:
- This contest is open INTERNATIONALLY.
- The giveaway will run until December 31, 2013.
- You must be 18 years or older, or have parents’ permission to enter.
- All your entries will be disqualified if you pickup entries for something you haven’t done. (I had to do this for so many of my last giveaways, please don’t make me do this again.)
- If you only use ONE account to do all these tasks and enter under different names, they will still only constitute as ONE entry.
- If the winner does not respond to my e-mail within 48 hours, I will have to choose another winner.
- I am not responsible for any items lost in the mail.