I’ve been meaning to write this post for the longest time.
I’ve realized last month that I won’t be able to blog all that often and keep up with all the comments…unless I find a co-blogger. And I’m not sure if I’m ready for that yet, unless I find the perfect person to work with.
This year, college has made me so busy. Last year during my freshmen year, I managed to read from 14 to 17 books a month while maintaining my 3.9 GPA. This year I’m lucky if I read 7 or 8 books a month while trying to maintain my GPA. Simply put, I’m struggling to find time to read.
To catch up with writing reviews so I have some new blog content, I’ve been forcing myself to read more. You know what happens when you force yourself to read when you don’t feel like it: You start to resent it. Lately, I find myself preferring to do anything other than reading books: playing Pokemon Y, watching all the television shows I should have watched, and even studying. For fun. A shame, I know.
So here’s what I decided to do: I’m going to find a guest reviewer for my blog and even maybe a co-blogger. It all depends really.
I’ve already decided on who one of the guest reviewers would be: Ashley, my friend from real life. It’s a perfect time for her to be a guest reviewer, especially with the whole Gift of Cinder event going on. (I was planning on forcing her to read Cinder anyways before this event, but this gives me even more intuitive to make her read it. ;D) The problem is, Ashley won’t be reviewing on Effortlessly Reading much because she’s busy with homework and all that stuff. I think she’ll be lucky to be able to review a book a month.
Now here’s the thing: I want to find a co-blogger or another guest reviewer. However, I’m a huge control freak and perfectionist, so I’m really nervous to see if it’ll work out or not. But then again, you’ll never know until you try right?
- Please only apply if you want to be a guest reviewer or a co-blogger for the long term. I’m not looking for a guest reviewer or co-blogger who’ll drop out after a month or so.
- Only apply if you can post a review at least three times a month. Please keep in mind that Effortlessly Reading is a mostly young adult book blog, meaning I’ll prefer it if you only review young adult books. Feel free to also choose any meme of your own to do – just tell me about it first.
- Please be honest in your reviews. That’s the most important thing to me. I’m always honest in my reviews and I want others to be honest about their opinions too. Don’t be afraid to be snarky in your reviews if that’s your thing. ;D
- If I don’t already know you, there will be a trial period. It’s nothing bad, it’s just a short two-week period where we get to know each other and see if we’ll work well together, just to be on the safe side.
- A new friend! I’m sure you and I will get really close. We’ll also have fun brainstorming some ideas together, challenging each other to read books, but of course, that’s if you want to do it.
- If there’s a book event coming up that I’m planning on attending, feel free to ask me to get your books signed for you! (Same goes for people that’s also not my co-blogger or guest reviewer.)
- You will get some physical ARCs! (I’m not into NetGalley; I don’t have a Kindle or Nook and I hate reading books on my computer.)
If you’re interested in being a guest reviewer or co-blogger on Effortlessly Reading, simply fill out the form here.
P.S. I hope I won’t regret publishing this post in the end. -crosses fingers-