Those of you who follow me on twitter probably knows that Crystal from Crystal in Bookland have been busy planning something secret. Well, the secret has finally been revealed!
Crystal and I have been talking to each other about how much we just LOVE Joy N. Hensley’s Rites of Passage. For those of you who don’t know what book I’m talking about, you’re really missing out, so I included information about the book, just for you, below.
So Sam joins the first-ever class of girls at the prestigious Denmark Military Academy. She’s expecting push-ups and long runs, rope climbing and mud-crawling. As a military brat, she can handle an obstacle course just as well as the boys. She’s even expecting the hostility she gets from some of the cadets who don’t think girls belong there. What she’s not expecting is her fiery attraction to her drill sergeant. But dating is strictly forbidden and Sam won’t risk her future, or the dare, on something so petty…no matter how much she wants him.
As Sam struggles to prove herself, she discovers that some of the boys don’t just want her gone — they will stop at nothing to drive her out. When their petty threats turn to brutal hazing, bleeding into every corner of her life, she realizes they are not acting alone. A decades-old secret society is alive and active… and determined to force her out.
At any cost.
Now time’s running short. Sam must decide who she can trust…and choosing the wrong person could have deadly consequences.
Hint: If you’re looking for a book with a great supportive love interest, ALL THE FEELS, and intense moments that will make you want to bang your head on the wall, then Rites of Passage is the book for you. Not sold yet? Check out my fangirling review of Rites of Passage.
Do you see why I just love Rites of Passage so much that I just had to host a twitter party along with Crystal to celebrate the book? To make things even better, there will be prizes.
So when is this awesome twitter party taking place?
Wednesday, 9/17/14, at 8:00 PM CST/9:00PM EST
To join, you’ll have to use the hashtag #RitesofPassage on twitter.
Now, I’m sure you guys want to know what you can win. ;D
SIGNED HARDCOVER OF RITES OF PASSAGE
You guys do not know how much I want to win that signed hardcover. -eyes the prize-
For those of you who have never attended a twitter party before, Crystal and the lovely Christina at Ensconced in Lit came up with a list of great tips to help you guys be prepared and ready to tweet!
Tips for the Party:
1. You’ll need a Twitter account (obviously)! If you don’t have one, it’s SUPER easy to sign up!!
3. Make sure you use the hashtag #RitesofPassage in your tweets so they will be seen.
4. We will ask specific questions or have you do specific things for prizes. The winners will be selected randomly from the answers, with exception of the grand prize task!
5. It is easiest if you use a site, such as http://twubs.com, to keep up with the party. It can get crazy and overwhelming!
6. Joy will be present to answer any questions you have for her! Make sure to tweet her when you have a question so she will see it!
And what bribery will I give you guys to help us spread the word?
Hint: You’ll squeal. You’ll flail. And you’ll also probably want to cross your fingers when you see this giveaway.
Yes, that is the UK edition of Throne of Glass. And yes, it’s also SIGNED.
Terms & Conditions:
- This contest is US ONLY. Sorry international people! HOWEVER, there will be prizes given out during the twitter party that’ll be available for you international people!
- The giveaway will run until September 16, 2014.
- You must be 18 years or older, or have parents’ permission to enter.
- All your entries will be disqualified if you pickup entries for something you haven’t done. (I had to do this for so many of my last giveaways, please don’t make me do this again.)
- If you only use ONE account to do all these tasks and enter under different names, they will still only constitute as ONE entry.
- If the winner does not respond to my e-mail within 48 hours, I will have to choose another winner.
- I am not responsible for any items lost in the mail.