Welcome to the third and last day of my blogoversary! I hope you enjoyed reading my other two posts!
Today I want to celebrate all my favorite books of the year because everyone needs to read them. They are not limited to books releasing this year, but can also be books released before 2014 that I now just read.
Just a note, this list is in no particular order because how can we choose?
Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
First of all, Frank Freakin’ Porter is mine. Remember that, mine. Okay, now that I’ve got that cleared, we can move on. Those of you who know me very well know that contemporaries aren’t usually my thing. Contemporaries usually bore me to death, but guys, I absolutely loved, loved, loved Since You’ve Been Gone. This book has friendships, it has romance, it has realistic struggles, and it has ALL THE FEELS. Like seriously, I had to stop reading Since You’ve Been Gone when I was 25% into the book and just wonder how Morgan Matson knew exactly what and how I will feel if I was put in Emily’s situation.
Split Second by Kasie West
YOU GUYS. THIS BOOK. THIS BOOK. -waves around Split Second frantically.- You guys just HAVE TO read this book! Not only is there two swoony guys that I still can’t choose between (and I read this book all the way back in February), but there are also tons of sweet moments in Split Second that made me squeal like a crazy person. Honestly, I didn’t really see the appeal of Kasie West’s books until Split Second came along. Split Second was the book that made me change my mind about Kasie West’s books.
Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley
This book was built for me. I was always interested in books about the military and putting a female character that isn’t wanted there in the military basically screams READ THIS BOOK KELLY YOU NEED THIS BOOK DESPERATELY at me. There were a lot of things that could go wrong in a book like this, but surprisingly, Rites of Passage was perfect. In fact, I love Rites of Passage so much that when I was looking up quotes to use in my review for it, I couldn’t help but have a wide goofy grin on my face when I read anything from the book.
In A Handful of Dust by Mindy McGinnis
I knew I would love In A Handful of Dust when I first saw that Mindy McGinnis was writing it. How could I not love it when I really enjoyed Mindy McGinnis’ debut novel, Not A Drop To Drink, you know, the book that nearly broke me? I’m happy to report that In A Handful of Dust is just as good as its predecessor and will leave you wanting MORE like its predecessor.
Cress by Marissa Meyer
One word: Thorneeeee. Or maybe even three words: Throne is mine. But seriously, if you haven’t read Cress or The Lunar Chronicles series yet, you are definitely missing out on some epicness, laughter, Sailor Moon action, and tears. What are you waiting for, grab a copy already!
Also, what are your favorite books that you’ve read in 2014? I want some recommendations!
So, moving on to part two of this post. What are some of my most anticipated 2015 favorite releases?
Hint: You have to play a Cover Guessing Game to find out! But don’t worry, the prize is totally worth it.
What can you win?
Now onto the Cover Guessing Game!
The Rules + Hints:
- The books used in this Book Cover Guessing Game are all young adult books that are released in 2015.
- At first, I wanted to give the prize to the first person who guessed all the above book covers correctly, but I figured that it would be unfair to people in different time zones. Therefore, I will allow Rafflecopter to pick the winner. However, the winner the Rafflecopter picks must have all the correct answers to win or all their entries will be eliminated and I will choose a new winner. Sorry about that, but hey, all the Cover Guessing Game entries are not required. Do the Cover Guessing Game at your own risk.
- Rafflecopter (sometimes) does not let you change your answer once you input your answer in. If you do want to change your answer for any book cover after submitting your old answer to the Rafflecopter, simply email me at whatisakelly(at)gmail(dot)com with the subject “Distract Cover Guessing Game Answer” with your new book cover answer and the name you used to enter the contest.
- If the Rafflecopter does not accept your answers, just email me your answers at whatisakelly(at)gmail(dot)com with the subject “Blogoversary Guessing Game.”
Good luck everyone & let the guessing game begin! ;D
- This contest is open INTERNATIONALLY.
- The giveaways will run until November 1, 2014.
- You must be 18 years or older, or have parents’ permission to enter.
- All your entries will be disqualified if you pickup entries for something you haven’t done. (I had to do this for so many of my last giveaways, please don’t make me do this again.)
- If you only use ONE account to do all these tasks and enter under different names, they will still only constitute as ONE entry.
- If the winner does not respond to my e-mail within 48 hours, I will have to choose another winner.
- I am not responsible for any items lost in the mail.
And before you go, don’t forget to stop by my two other posts celebrating my blogoversary!
Second Blogoversary Freakout + THREE Giveaways
Second Blogoversary Day 2: ALL the Friendships + Giveaway
Second Blogoversary Day 3: 2014 MUST Reads + 2015 GIMME THESE Releases + Giveaway