Each week, The Broke and Bookish host a Top Ten Tuesday based on a certain bookish topic. Other bloggers are able to participate and post their own top ten list based on the topic.
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is a Top Ten Books I Can’t Believe I Haven’t Read From The Fantasy Genre. Since I mostly read fantasy books and it’s my favorite genre, this list was pretty easy for me to do.
So here’s my list in no particular order:
2. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin: Like I said in a previous Top Ten Tuesday, I was waiting on this book for YEARS and even managed to get it three weeks early. Why have I still not read The Retribution of Mara Dyer yet? Answer: Probably because I forgot everything that has happened in the first two books, so I have to reread everything again to have the full experience.
3. The Falconer by Elizabeth May: I’ve heard nothing but great things about The Falconer ever since it was released and I still can’t believe I haven’t read it yet! I can’t wait to read it and join in the excitement for the sequel.
4. Poison Princess by Kresley Cole: I’ve planned on reading this one since it was first released three freaking years ago when there was massive hype surrounding it. Now since the last book in the trilogy is finally released, I have absolutely no excuse to not start this trilogy.
5. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes & Michelle Rowen: Fantasy is one of my favorite genres and I still can’t believe I haven’t read this series yet because HAVE YOU SEEN THE MAP? It’s just gorgeous.
6. The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas: After reading The Burning Sky, I had a deep strong need for The Perilous Sea. I finally had it in my hands ages ago, but never read it yet for some reason. Maybe it’s just because I’m waiting for the third and final book in the series to be released so I won’t be desperate for more?
7. Dissonance by Erica O’Rourke: I was always interested in Dissonance because of its gorgeous cover (I’m still all noooooooo to the cover change) and I still want to read it. The question is, when will I have the time?
8. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon: I’ve been meaning to read The Bone Season ever since I was introduced to it at BEA last year. Add in the fact that a lot of my friends just adore The Bone Season and I need to read it asap already.
9. Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian: I can’t believe I still haven’t finished this series yet. I’ve heard some disappointment over how the series ended though, so I’m a bit worried about that.
10. Shadows by Paula Weston: I’ve heard so many great things about this series and I have the first three books on my bookshelves, so why haven’t I started this series yet? Hopefully I’ll start it sometime soon and love it while I do.
And now, I want to know, what are your top ten books you can’t believe you haven’t read from the fantasy genre?