Sooo I’ve been keeping something super secret secret under wraps and now you guys can finally see it because it’s the big reveal! I got a brand new blog design, an official official one (meaning that I won’t be changing it for a very long time), just for meee. ;D<3 I've always been using Ashley from Dinosaur Stew‘s designs ever since I made the switch to WordPress. I love her work – it’s clean and simple while also being gorgeous – and she’s so fun to work with. When I was thinking about getting an official design, there was no doubt who I’ll use.
But why a girl with a huge pinwheel on the header you may ask?
Well, I wanted my design to give off an “effortless” feeling if that makes any sense, since my blog is called “Effortlessly Reading” and all. (Note the “effortless” part.) Cee from The Novel Hermit suggested I make a pinwheel my main focus since a pinwheel’s wheels (is it called wheels?) can move without any help, kind of effortlessly. I sadly didn’t have the exact words she used to explain it because twitter swallowed them up, but her explanation was complete genius. -dances-
Also, you see that awesome font combination in the header? Well, Cee also helped me figure out which fonts I liked and helped me find a matching pair. Have you checked out her awesome while you’re at it? She finds fonts of book covers!
And on to the Cover Guessing Game!
For those of you who don’t know what the Cover Guessing Game is, I’ll explain it all here: you see all the pictures below? One of those pictures is equal to one book cover. That means those twelve pictures correspond to twelve different books. In the Cover Guessing Game, you’ll have to guess what picture is a piece of what book cover. Up for the challenge? I hope you are!
This Cover Guessing Game will last all month so you can take your time to have fun and guess the answers for extra points for the Rafflecopter. Also, entries towards the Cover Guessing Game is not required, but you can earn three extra points for each one you do. If you choose to play the Cover Guessing Game, all your answers will have to be all correct or all your entries will be disqualified.
In this celebration, you can win ALL the ARCs below.
Yes, I’ll want to win them all too. -winks-
And that’s not all!
If this giveaway reaches 7,000 entries, I’ll add my precious ARC of Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff to the prize list.
So then what you can win will look like this:
No cheating though! I will be checking the Rafflecopter for multiple fake entries.
Sounds good? Let the guessing game begin!
4 5 6
7 8 9
10 11 12
13 14 15
The Rules + Hints:
- The books used in this Book Cover Guessing Game are all books that will be released later in the year.
- At first, I wanted to give the prize to the first person who guessed all the above book covers correctly, but I figured that it would be unfair to people who live in different time zones. Therefore, I will allow Rafflecopter to pick the winner. However, the winner the Rafflecopter picks must have all the correct answers to win. If even one of their answers are wrong, all their entries will be eliminated and I will choose a new winner. Sorry about that, but hey, all the Cover Guessing Game entries are not required, although they are worth five points each. Do the Cover Guessing Game at your own risk.
- Rafflecopter (sometimes) does not let you change your answer once you put your answer in. If you want to change your answer for any book cover after submitting your old answer, simply email me at whatisakelly(at)gmail(dot)com with the subject “Design Cover Guessing Game Answer” with your new book cover answer and the name you used to enter the contest.
- If the Rafflecopter does not accept your answers, just email me your answers at whatisakelly(at)gmail(dot)com with the subject “Design Cover Guessing Game.”
Good luck everyone & let the guessing game begin! ;D
Terms & Conditions:
- This contest is open INTERNATIONALLY.
- The giveaway will run until May 15, 2015.
- You must be 18 years or older, or have parents’ permission to enter.
- All your entries will be disqualified if you pickup entries for something you haven’t done. (I had to do this for so many of my last giveaways, please don’t make me do this again.)
- If you only use ONE account to do all these tasks and enter under different names, they will still only constitute as ONE entry.
- If the winner does not respond to my e-mail within 48 hours, I will have to choose another winner.
- I am not responsible for any items lost in the mail.