Each week, The Broke and Bookish host a Top Ten Tuesday based on a certain bookish topic. Other bloggers are able to participate and post their own top ten list based on the topic.
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is a Top Ten Books You Would Classify As ALL TIME Favorite Books From The Past Three Years. Oh goodness, this was very hard to do. When I first came up with my list, I had fifteen books on it and had to cross out five of them -cries-.
So here’s my list in no particular order:
1. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins: Hex Hall was one of the first books I’ve ever read after I got back into reading young adult and before I started blogging. I absolutely fell in love with Sophie’s humor and Archer’s sexiness. Hex Hall just spoke to me.
2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I am desperately in love with this book. I’ll love to live in Anna and the French Kiss everyday, hang out with Anna and St. Clair, and watch their love and friendship develop. Basically, Anna and the French Kiss equals happiness. <3 3. Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson: I’m really sad that Valkyrie Rising didn’t gain the attention it deserves, especially since it’s one of my most favorite books that I have read in the past three years. Plus, let’s not forget, it’s also extremely unique – I’ve seen only one or two other young adult books also about valkyries.
4. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord: THIS BOOK. I read it about one or two months ago and I already want to do a reread, just because. All the friendships! The romance! The swoons! I can’t wait to grab a finished copy of this book in March and flail about it again.
5. Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson: Hello favorite book of 2014! I just connected with Since You’ve Been Gone in so many ways. I completely, absolutely, totally connected with Emily and don’t get me started on how perfect Frank Porter is. I’ve also pushed all my friends to read this one, so if you’re my friend, READ IT NOW OR ELSE.
6. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder: I absolutely love Poison Study, especially Yelena and Valek. In fact, I’m way overdo for a reread, especially since Shadow Study is out in February (I’m typing this post at the beginning of February).
8. Split Second by Kasie West: This book. This book. THIS BOOK YOU GUYS. I need to do a reread of this one asap and just admire Connor and Trevor all over again. <3 9. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer: I need to do a massive reread of the entire Lunar Chronicles series to prepare for Winter. I need to find time to admire all my favorite characters again and cheer them on.
10. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir: First of all, guys, PREORDER THIS BOOK NOW. You will love it, I promise. Not only did Sabaa Tahir create a wonderful story, but she also created a story that’ll always stay in your mind and desperately want a sequel.
And now, I want to know, what books will you classify as your ALL TIME favorite books from the past three years?