I’m sure most of you have heard of Jimmy Patterson if you’re an avid reader. Today I’m partnering with Jimmy Patterson – Jimmy Patterson sent me a copy of EXPELLED to check out and is partnering with me for a special giveaway, which is located at the bottom of this post! I love reading mystery books and watching WHO DUN IT? kind of television shows, so as soon as I read the synopsis for EXPELLED, I was sold. My money is on the best friend because wouldn’t that turn out to be a juicy story? *winks*
Author: James Patterson & Emily Raymond
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Mystery
Release Date: October 23, 2017
Publisher: Little Brown and Company
Will Foster’s Twitter account used to be anonymous — until someone posted The Photo that got him and three other students expelled, their futures ruined forever. But who took the picture, and why are they being targeted?
To uncover the truth, Will gets close to the suspects: the hacker, the quarterback, the bad girl, the class clown, the vice principal, and…his own best friend. What secrets are they hiding, and even worse — what do they know about each other? The terrible truth will haunt them forever.
New York Times bestselling author James Patterson brings us another fast-moving tale of suspense, with danger, romance, and twists and turns that will keep you guessing to the very last page.
The synopsis of EXPELLED makes me think of an extremely important topic that I’ve been aware of for years: the pros and cons of having a public social media profile. I’ve debated multiple times throughout the years if I should turn most of my social media private, but then this list always runs through my mind:
- You get to know news as it happens, real-time.
- Meeting many online friends from around the world!
- Discovering and learning about so many things you’ve never knew before, especially when it comes to different points of view regarding certain topics.
- Spreading your message to thousands of people in one second, which is a miracle when dealing with emergencies.
Now here comes the scary part of social media…
- If you’re the kind of person that posts/tweets every single thing you’re doing and where you’ll be at certain times of the day, be careful. Learn from Kim Kardashian’s experience.
- College and job recruiters actually check out your social media before agreeing to hire or enroll you, so again, be careful of what you post and what you say.
- Since people can hide behind their computer screens and “say” anything they want without meeting face to face, many negative conversations can easily occur (Example: Trolling and cyber bullying).
- The person behind the screen may not be who you think. Just watch the show Catfish.
In the end, it’s all about if you’re willing to give it all up and if not, you have to be wary of every single thing you post. Think: Will *this person* in *this position* post this? How will people view me after I post this? Or, to make things more simple, you can just make a separate anonymous account where no one knows you.
The Proof Is in the Picture!
Theo is out to catch a foe on film! One (1) winner receives:
- Copy of Expelled
- A perfect-for-selfies Podo Hands-Free Camera to get your own proof (of fall fun)!.
Terms & Conditions:
- Giveaway open to US addresses only.
- Prizing and samples provided by JIMMY Patterson Books.