Till It Arrives is inspired by Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner’s Save the Date feature. Sometimes I read books that are not released anytime soon, but I want to share some of my feelings on the book right away, so Till It Arrives is born! (It also allows me to read books that appear later in my schedule, so that’s awesome too.) Since I don’t usually use GIFs in my reviews, I thought I’ll use plenty of GIFs to describe my feelings for the book I’m talking about in this feature!
Two peas in a pod.
Until…they weren’t anymore.
When her best friend Meg drinks a bottle of industrial-strength cleaner alone in a motel room, Cody is understandably shocked and devastated. She and Meg shared everything — so how was there no warning? But when Cody travels to Meg’s college town to pack up the belongings left behind, she discovers that there’s a lot that Meg never told her. About her old roommates, the sort of people Cody never would have met in her dead-end small town in Washington. About Ben McAllister, the boy with a guitar and a sneer, who broke Meg’s heart. And about an encrypted computer file that Cody can’t open — until she does, and suddenly everything Cody thought she knew about her best friend’s death gets thrown into question.
I Was Here is Gayle Forman at her finest, a taut, emotional, and ultimately redemptive story about redefining the meaning of family and finding a way to move forward even in the face of unspeakable loss.
First Sentence: The day after Meg died, I received this letter: I regret to inform you that I had to take my own life.
A Tale of I Actually Felt Some Emotions:
What I felt when I read Gayle’s other book, Just One Day:
What I felt when I read Gayle’s debut novel, If I Stay:
What I expected from I Was Here:
What I actually got:
To sum the book up in a GIF:
And that’s not all! Not only did I enjoy reading I Was Here, but I am also giving away
a copy of my ARC to winner! a hardcover of I Was Here instead of an ARC since Gayle Forman swill be coming to NYC later then expected because of an unexpected snowstorm. So sorry about that!
To make things even better, I can
also can get the ARC signed and personalized just for you, since Gayle Forman is coming to NYC on its release date. get a signed and personalized hardcover just for you.
Terms & Conditions:
- This contest is open INTERNATIONALLY.
- The giveaways will run until January 26, 2014.
- You must be 18 years or older, or have parents’ permission to enter.
- All your entries will be disqualified if you pickup entries for something you haven’t done. (I had to do this for so many of my last giveaways, please don’t make me do this again.)
- If you only use ONE account to do all these tasks and enter under different names, they will still only constitute as ONE entry.
- If the winner does not respond to my e-mail within 48 hours, I will have to choose another winner.
- I am not responsible for any items lost in the mail.