Each week, The Broke and Bookish host a Top Ten Tuesday based on a certain bookish topic. Other bloggers are able to participate and post their own top ten list based on the topic.
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is a Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn’t Get To. (Let’s ignore the fact that this post is one day late.) Man, oh man, when I started this list, I had more than fifteen books that I wanted to include in this post, but I could sadly only pick ten.
So here’s my list in no particular order:
1. Angelfall by Susan Ee: Yes guys, I STILL haven’t read Angelfall yet even though I met Susan Ee and fell madly in love with her. I definitely will though, this year, I promise. EDIT: I realized that neither Angelfall and World After were released in 2014, but OH WELL.
2. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin: I was waiting on this book for YEARS and even managed to get it three weeks early. Why have I still not read The Retribution of Mara Dyer yet? Answer: Probably because I forgot everything that has happened in the first two books, so I have to reread everything again to have the full experience.
3. Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas: I’ve heard nothing but great things about this one, especially things about “the ending.” I can’t wait to see that ending myself.
4. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers: I’ve read Grave Mercy before I started blogging and sadly DNF’d it. Now that I’ve started blogging, my taste in books has changed a lot and boy, do I love historican ficition. I’m curious to see what I’ll think of Grave Mercy now.
5. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes & Michelle Rowen: Fantasy is one of my favorite genres and I still can’t believe I haven’t read this series yet because HAVE YOU SEEN THE MAP? It’s just gorgeous.
6. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder: No guys, I’ve already read Poison Study, but I want to reread it again and read the rest of the two books in the series for the first time, especially since Shadow Study is coming out.
7. Dissonance by Erica O’Rourke: I was always interested in Dissonance because of its gorgeous cover (I’m still all noooooooo to the cover change) and I still want to read it. The question is, when will I have the time?
8. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater: Relax guys, I’ve already read The Raven Boys and LOVED it; I just haven’t read the other two books in the series yet. I want to reread The Raven Boys and the other two books in the series that are already released and 2015 should be the year to do that since the last and finally book in the series is being released this year.
9. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken: Since the last and final book in the series is finally released, it’s about time I start reading this series, especially since I have the full series already. Hopefully it won’t disappoint me.
10. The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa: Although I didn’t enjoy The Eternity Cure as much as the first book, I do want to know what will happen in the last and final book because hello mean cliffhanger.
And now, I want to know, what are your top ten 2014 releases you meant to read but didn’t get to?